The Association of Old Crows (AOC) Aardvark Roost Chapter is hosting the Electronic Warfare (EW) South Africa 2017 International Conference & Exhibition from 6 to 8 November 2017 at the CSIR International Convention Centre in Pretoria, South Africa.
EW South Africa 2017 will be the premier event to enhance your networking with military leaders, policy makers and electronic warfare practitioners. The exhibition running alongside the conference allows visitors to meet with industry solutions providers and to see demonstrations of the latest innovations and technologies shaping the future of electromagnetic operations.
We would like to take this opportunity to invite you to register for this event, and join a global audience of EW military, government and industry stakeholders at this international EW forum.
Why should you attend?
• To listen to and interact with thought leaders and operators.
• To engage with and source new technologies.
• To learn about global applications of technologies.
• To network with other members of this growing community and exchange experiences and opportunities.
• Engage with leading companies in the EW Space in the Exhibitor Arena.
• Attend and/or participate in world-class live demonstrations.
What will the Conference offer?
Conference speakers will include thought leaders and operators from the military, government and academia, S&T and R&D communities, and industry. The conference will include:
• Keynote addresses;
• An operational focus;
• National, regional and international perspectives;
• Defensive and offensive capabilities;
• Technological developments;
• EM operations, information operations, cyber and network enabled capability; and
• Industry briefs on programmes and capability.
Monday 6 November 2017
3 x Pre-Conference Workshops to choose from. (see details below)
Tuesday, 7 November 2017
- Surface Warfare and EW in the Missile Age: Lessons to be learned from a SAN Historical Perspective (R. Adm Guy Jamieson, Deputy Chief of the SA Navy)
- Asymmetric Electrons: From Altigator to Olympic Games (Helmoed Römer-Heitman, Defence Analyst)
- South African Navy and Electronic Warfare (Capt. André Katerinic, Warfare Director, South African Navy)
- SAAF Airborne Operations (16 Squadron)
- Cyber Warfare 4.0 meets Electronic Warfare – opportunities and implications (Dr Jabu Mtsweni, Research Group Leader- Cyber Defence, CSIR DPSS)
- Next Generation Fighter EW (Ms Linda Klevard, Product Manager, SAAB AB)
- Trends in Airborne Countermeasure Dispensing (Mr Christer Zätterqvist, Head of CMDS Product Management, SAAB)
- Airborne platforms (Mr Sarel Roets, Engineer at Aerosud)
- Cognitive EW to Aid Learning EMS Operational Concepts (Prof. Warren du Plessis, Associate Professor, University of Pretoria)
- The role of the Global AOC – influencing and shaping Electronic Warfare for the Future (Dr Sue Robertson, Director of the UK AOC Chapter and AOC International Region 1 Director)
Wednesday, 8 November 2017
- Keynote (Mr Kevin Wakeford, CEO of Armscor)
- Optical Warfare: A historical to current perspective, and possible future trends (Bertus Theron, Optical Test & Evaluation Specialist, CSIR DPSS)
- PCL (Dr Francois Maasdorp, Radar and Electronic Warfare Researcher, CSIR DPSS)
- Electronic Countermeasures (ECM) applied against Passive Radar (Prof. Daniel O’Hagan, Associate Professor in radar, University of Cape Town)
- Increase Capabilities Between Lab and Real World Test for Radar and Communication Signals with a Modern T&E Architecture (Mr Darren Nicholls, Marketing Industry Manager for Aerospace and Defence covering Europe, Middle East, Africa and India, Keysight Technologies)
- The Demise and Restoration of the Delta Tau Histogram as a Tool for Multi-signal De-interleaving during ELINT Analysis (Mr Abel van der Merwe, Managing Member, Sysdel)
- Metadata – the DNA of a signal (Mr Wimpie van den Berg, Chief Engineer Product Development, GEW)
- EW Trends and strategic influences (Christo Cloete, RF EW Systems Engineer, CSIR DPSS)
For the full conference programme, please click here.
For more details on the event, registration fees and for registration, please visit the EWSA2017 website.